Food Safety Certification Schemes in the Food Supply Chain
Consumers Demand Higher Quality of Food not only in terms of food composition (
i. Nutritional Composition of Food) but also in safety.
- In order to meet the production of safe and quality of food the Government and Retailers
have demanded implementation of food standards as laid down by them in production
and distribution of food.
- These standards as referred as certification schemes
- Authorized Certification bodies will assess the organisations on implementation
of these standards and award the certificates.
- Questions about Certification
- Pre- Farm Gate Certification schemes
- Post- Farm Gate Certification Schemes
Certification Schemes provided
for Organizations within the Food chain. This is divided into 3 categories
- Questions About Certification
- Pre Farm Gate
- Post Farm Gate
Questions About Certification
There are three ways of verifying that a standard is met. In the first
case, a company may decide to adopt the standard and appoint some of its employees
to verify that all its departments comply with it. This is called first-party verification.
For more information
Download Questions About Certification
Pre Farm Gate
GOOD AGRICULTURE PRACTICES CERTIFICATION
Growing demand for food safety certification : European supermarket chains
are increasingly demanding that their suppliers be certified against a private food
safety standard such as GLOBALGAP, BRC and IFS. These chains account for over 60
percent of fresh produce retail sales in many European countries. In addition, each
individual retail company may impose even stronger quality requirements on its suppliers
so as to differentiate its products from that of its competitors.
Post Farm Gate